SCWA

Powered by FundRazr

Pages

Followers

Thursday 27 September 2012

Altered bag

I'm back already to show you what I worked on yesterday.

I wasn't in the best frame of mind yesterday as I found out the night before that one of my oldest friends, who I went to school with, has just been given 6 months to live as she has lung cancer. To say I am devastated is an understatement.
Well, I didn't think that my brain would come up with much through all the tears and heartache, so I sat down to colour in and just chill out. When I'd coloured the image I saw the stack of plain bags I just bought sat on the floor and thought I'd have a go at decorating it. Well, the image and the papers just seemed to come together and in no time I had finished! This is the end result:
I know the stitching at the top is a bit wobbly but I think it adds to the charm. I've left the top left blank to add a message to when I decide what I'm going to use it for.

The image and the papers are from Polka Doodles. I coloured the image with my ProMarkers and FlexMarkers. I also added the Marianne die cut butterflies and distressed the edges with Tim Hotlz Spun Sugar distress ink.
All in all I think it turned out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment