SCWA

Powered by FundRazr

Pages

Followers

Sunday 22 March 2015

Alter it

Good morning everyone, I hope you're having a lovely relaxing weekend doing whatever you love doing. I'm here today with some mid challenge inspiration for the Premium Craft Brands Challenge Blog. I didn't do a make last week as I wasn't well and my creative mojo had done a runner. I think I finally managed to get it back and have come up with this piece.
It started out life as a plain white canvas. I started by using the fabulous Dutch Doobadoo Chicken Wire mask and putting some Gesso through it. After letting it dry I rubbed over it with the Orange Pan Pastel. I then stamped a large butterfly onto some white card and cut it out. I then stamped some parts of the same butterfly onto Stampbord in a different colour, and distressed it using the ink from the main colour of the butterfly. I then scratched onto the Stampbord to give the image a white outline to make it pop out. I then stamped some butterflies from the A5 Postcard stamp set, coloured them and glued them on the canvas. Finally I stamped the messages from the stamp set onto Stampbord using the same technique as before, and scratched some highlight lines around the edges.

Here is the stamp board in closer detail.


4 comments:

  1. Adore your canvas Anjie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas Anjie, love the colours and the way you've incorporated the stampbord. So creative
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better Anjie. Your canvas is fabulous, love the way you've picked out sections of the butterfly with your Stampbord xx

    ReplyDelete