SCWA

Powered by FundRazr

Pages

Followers

Friday 7 October 2016

Baked With Love

Hi again everyone. I'm going to squeeze in a little make using the Baked With Love collection. Everything on it is from that mini collection, so it's not that mini lol
Now, you all know how much I love a Ginger and this kit has not let me down one little bit, I actually squeaked when I saw it. Anyhoo I had this wooden love plaque I bought for 50p in Primarni ages ago and knew straight away I wanted to use this collection on it so I got to work and here it is the finished article.
I can't tell you how pleased I am with the result! 
I started by gluing a paper to it and sanding off all the excess paper to give a distressed look, and it's so much easier than using scissors or a craft knife. I then painted the edges with a couple of coats of Gesso to hide the blue wood, and while the 2nd coat was still wet I dipped it into my massive pot of glitter. As you can see I purposely wasn't too fussed about keeping it on the edges to give it a more distressed look. I then printed and cut out all the embellies I wanted to use. Now for this I wanted them to me more durable so I coated them all in a versamark embossing ink and put three coats of clear embossing powder over them. It gives them a glossy appearance and will hopefully make then last longer. I then placed everything where I wanted it and added some spider web and some bakers twine as something extra. I put 3D foam on everything when I was happy and glued them all in place.

And there you have it. I think this would look nice on anyone's wall at Christmas, don't you?
Actually I might do an auction on this one to raise some money for my Cancer just giving account. I reckon I might get a few pennies for it. What do you think?


1 comment: